Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stabbing (Ourselves) In The Back

I really hate Facebook sometimes. I hate being able to see people's core in lists of interests, activities, fan pages and groups.

Some groups are really amusing. I for one am glad I am a member of "The Doctor and The Master Have Sexual Tension" and "Rubber Ducky Jr." But Facebook groups like "Girls Who Aren't Cheap Sluts" or fan pages of "Boys who don't date skanks" and the ilk make me slightly nauseous and very upset.

Why do we judge people based on how much sex they've had? Or better yet - why do we judge someone based on how much sex we think they've had? I never thought sex was special, in a good way or a bad way. I believe in safe sex, and I believe in sex education that isn't heteronormative. To me, if sex is consensual (more on this later), safe I don't see what the fuss is about.

If you're a female than you're probably either a "virgin" or a "whore". No in betweens. Gotta be like a virgin, touched for the very first time every time you have sex otherwise you're a worthless skank! And girs are falling over themselves to try to label themselves as "good girls". They do this by trying to cast other females as "bad girls". It's a race for the almighty approval of the penis!

No comments:

Post a Comment